This refreshingly tart and sweet smoothie is perfect for Christmas! Such a delicious and nutritious dessert. You can have it for a light breakfast, make it for a crowd or eat it as a snack. And the best part is drinking all the different layers! Here’s how to make it:
- 3-4 green kiwis, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 pomegranate
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup cold almond milk
- 1 ½ cup ice
- 2 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean, divided
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- In a blender, blend together kiwis, mint leaves, 1 tsp of vanilla bean powder and half of the ice. Blend until smooth and adjust the sweetness with honey or maple syrup, if desired. Pour into serving glasses until 1/3 full.
- Next, rinse your blender and blend strawberries, pomegranate seeds, 1 tsp of vanilla bean powder and the rest of the ice. Adjust the sweetness with honey or maple syrup, if desired and blend until smooth. Pour half of the mixture into serving glasses until 2/3 full.
- Add frozen banana and almond milk to the remaining mixture in the blender. Give it a quick blend until the banana is smoothly blended. Top up your serving glasses with the banana-strawberry mixture.
- Garnish with some extra pomegranate seeds and mint leaves. Serve immediately.