This classic marble loaf is one of the easiest paleo treats you’ll ever bake! A delicious balance of vanilla and cocoa. This cake is fragrant, and the vanilla gets a chance to shine through without being overpowered by the cocoa. This moist and crumbly cake is best served with some fresh berries and whipped cream on the side. And of course with a cup (or two) of tea.
- 1/3 cup ground almond
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup pure butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 ½ tbsp raw cocoa
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- Mix the almond and coconut flour. Sift in the baking powder. Add vanilla bean powder, and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until fluffy. Add the honey and beat until incorporated. Add the eggs one by one, beating after each addition. Add in the coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients to form a batter. Scoop 1/3 of the batter and place it in a separate bowl. Sift cocoa into this batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin, alternating between the vanilla and chocolate batter. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and dark chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the vanilla parts are golden. Let cool in the loaf tin.*
* Be careful when removing the cake from the loaf tin, as it can be a bit crumbly.