Let the Christmas countdown begin! This smoothie is everything a gingerbread cookie should smell and taste like. So creamy, so delicious, full of flavor and healthy! Oh and this recipe is suitable for vegans as well!
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 2 large bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger*
- 1 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- A pinch nutmeg powder
- A pinch ground allspice
- 1 cup ice**
- 2 tbsp. honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)***
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
* You can adjust the amount of honey and fresh ginger to suit your taste.
** You can also do this without ice – but make sure the almond milk is well chilled before making this recipe.
*** The chia seeds help thicken the smoothie. If you do not want your smoothie to be too thick, omit them.