Wow. Just wow. This is the easiest recipe you’ll ever make. Almond vanilla butter that’s not only healthy, but also tastes heavenly. Rich and buttery, it’s finger-licking good (I seriously couldn’t resist the temptation).
Use it in baking, add it to your pancake mix (you’ll find our healthy pancake recipe HERE), spread it on a toast or just eat it with bananas and apples (sprinkle some Cinnamon on it as well!). You’ll just LOVE it!
Plus, there are so many other possibilities as well. Substitute the almond for hazelnuts, pistachios… whatever you prefer! But let’s start with the almond butter…
- 3 cups of almonds
- 1 tbsp. Sunny Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the almonds onto a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes.*
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until it is fine.
- Continue blending for about 12-15 minutes. You will see it turning from fine powder into a sticky paste and finally into a smooth, creamy blend.**
- Add in the vanilla bean powder and blend one final time.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- (Optional) To serve, you can sweeten it lightly with honey or not at all J
* Roasting the almonds will make it easier for the oils to come out – hence the process will be faster.
** It will take a while before you see the results, so don’t give up! You can stop at 3-5 minute intervals if you’re afraid your food processor will heat up. You can still continue where you left off!