Be prepared for a mind-blowingly delicious and ridiculously easy dessert recipe! Sweet oranges balanced by rich coconut cream with subtle vanilla taste… Sounds pretty much like perfection, right?
In this recipe you’ll learn how to make your own homemade coconut sour cream. And it’s so easy to make! It is best served fresh. However, you can prepare the orange segments up to a day ahead, but make sure to keep them in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also prepare the coconut sour cream one day ahead of serving time.
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- A pinch salt
- 1/3 cups honey
- Orange zest from 1 orange, finely zested
- 1 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 3 oranges, peeled and segmented
- ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
* Frozen blueberries are like mini sorbet bombs. Yum! If you want more crunch, you can always add toasted cashews, almonds or sesame seeds.
- Mix together coconut cream, lemon juice and a pinch of salt to form sour cream. You can adjust the sourness by adding or reducing the lemon juice.**
- Add honey, orange zest and vanilla bean powder. Mix until well blended.
- Layer the orange segments with the coconut cream. Top with blueberries and if desired, more orange zest and some cashews and sunflower seeds.
** You can also use Greek yogurt in place of the coconut cream.