You’ll never get enough of this pumpkin and apple gingerbread loaf! Perfect treat with a cup of tea on a cozy fall evening.
This dessert has a mild gingerbread flavor that allows the natural sweetness of pumpkin and apple to come through. Who said baking can’t be healthy?!
- 2 cups coconut flour
- ¾ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup pure butter
- 1 ½ cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 15oz pumpkin puree
- 1 large red apple, peeled and shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line two 8-inch loaf tins.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl – coconut flour, almond flour, ginger powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla bean powder and chia seeds.
- In another bowl, mix together butter, honey, eggs, pumpkin puree and shredded apples. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into prepared loaf tins. Sprinkle with extra chia seeds.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in their tins for 15 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.* Ready to be served.
* The loaves break easily when still hot or warm, so handle with care!
Recipe taken and adapted from verybestbaking.com