An apple a day keeps the doctor away! This smoothie tastes exactly like a homemade apple pie, but without the extra calories and crazy amounts of sugar.
The subtle taste of different spices makes the flavor so rich and rounded off. Added bonus is that the almond milk gives it a slightly nutty aftertaste. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 medium red apples
- 1 large banana, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Sunny Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- A pinch nutmeg powder
- A pinch ginger powder
- A pinch ground cloves
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Place apples in a blender together with bananas, ice and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Blend again for 5 seconds.
- Add honey, if desired. Serve immediately.